Thursday 13 September 2012

The Wainstones Walk, Cleveland Way, North York Moors, Sept 2012


Most of these photos in this blog have been taken with an experia phone camera.

The quality in some could obviously be better, but I think, not bad for an old phone camera! on this occasion, anyway..
The walk is a relatively easy, short walk, although it is steep initially in places.…
I was really surprised by the interesting rocks scattered all over the area and the bountiful heather, which embraces the landscape aplenty.
You are spoilt for choice if you are looking for interesting compositions here!











Up top it's pretty much a flat run (or walk, should I say!) to the wainstones rocks, as you can see from the above photo.


A few photos displaying the abundant heather above







As you can see from above, the multitude of rock formations is obvious, and the photo directly above resembles a walrus or similar animal with engraved teeth!










It's an inspiring place for somewhere so accessible, and so it was decided to make a swift return a few days later to try to catch an expansive sunset to top it off! unfortunately the sunset didn't quite happen how I would of liked!
Nevertheless, still managed to capture a few more photos on my phone camera, what I think to be fairly interesting and decent, displayed below.








2 comments:

  1. Panoramics look good Alex! these would be pretty cool blown up big wouldn't they!

    I'vejust added some of my photos from the sunset walk to my blog - check them out Wainstones Walk, Cleveland Way, North York Moors 


    Also - would be cool to do this walk when the snow comes, as well as doing the Blencathra Sharp Edge Walk when the snow arrives.

    Not sure if you have done blencathra before - but you can see my post on this too here http://stuarthodgson.blogspot.co.uk/blencathra 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thanks, I think the bigger the beta! Your blog looking very sharp - nice added elements. Wil b in touch soon

    ReplyDelete