Friday 31 August 2012

Seaham "Green-Flash" Sunrise, August 2012

I Witnessed the rare phenomenon,  "The Green Flash" at Seaham harbour!
A natural phenomenon that occurs on rare occasions usually around caribbean shores..
It happens a few seconds before the sun is just setting or rising.
Basically the sun looked a luminous green before it came up!

Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough to catch it or switch to video camera mode as I simply didn't expect it to happen! but the sunrise was still good to catch and managed to capture it with a few select photos as you can see in this blog






Roughly a week or so later I got back out on a notably colder morning and managed to catch a few more photos to add here:



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top 2 photos are superb - nice calming feel to them - must have been a sight to behold in person. The grass at the front ads something to them too - nice touch.

    My walking & photography blog

    My quotes about life website

    My leaflet design & print service

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, mate. I was a little bleary eyed, but it was a magical site, that took me by surprise! hope to catch more..

    The roseberry topping photo that you just took recent is brill!

    ReplyDelete