Monday 5 November 2012

Durham City Cathedral & Ramside


 Durham City Cathedral & Ramside


Photo highlights of a weekend in & around Durham..







I spent the weekend in the start of november mainly in Durham.

On a brisk, cold autumnal day of saturday I enjoyed a short stroll around the cathedral and city taking in the afternoon glow that surrounded the area and saw it as a nice opportunity to try to capture the autumnal landscape.
The following day, I spent out a few miles from Durham city for a sunday lunch and saw another immediate opportunity to take some photos..




As it happened there was a nice hazy, misty fog that gave a nice atmosphere to the subjects i photographed. Unfortunately, I just started using my new camera, and i also got water residue off the mist on my lense without realising, so some photos may have been better had i noticed! Saying that I think they add to the atmosphere in some cases..

Durham City & Cathedral




Silhouette contrast /1


Silhouette contrast /2























The Ramside Golf Course Walkway


A690 route >

Below 3 stages of misty glow over the pond by the golf course





 Signing off, in black & white...







No comments:

Post a Comment