Tuesday 20 November 2012

Hackfall Woods & Studley Royal park, Yorkshire Dales

As the final days of Autumn at its most colourful best swept by, it was nice to see it in Hackfall woods in the Yorkshire Coutryside.
With an abundance of mini waterfalls and historic monuments dotted around the area, and even a mini beach by the river!, this is a glorious place, where, photographically, you are spoilt for choice...




Here are some highlights:
Autumn colours in the midst



Below are highlights of some of the waterfalls I managed to capture:










The above photo was one of my favourite pictures from the journey.. Just as the midday sun came through bright, it cast a nice light on the scattered leaves displaying nice vivid colours and textures.













2 comments:

  1. Some good shots Alex - and interesting to see the place through different eyes! Especially the fountains abbey - you must have came out a different way to me :-)

    I've put up some of my pics here
    www.stuarthodgson.blogspot.co.uk 
    for my Autumn pictures of Staithes, Studley Royal, Fountains Abbey and Hackfall Woods 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, yes it good to see two different perspectives on the place! I like your photos also some sharp, impressive images..

    ReplyDelete